Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Carbon footprint

Carbon footprint
A Carbon footprint is the total of greenhouse gas emissions caused by a person, company or product. The carbon footprint is measured in units in kilograms of carbon dioxide. Another word which means carbon footprint is ecological footprint, and many others words.
I measured my carbon footprint at
http://footprint.wwf.org.uk/ and it was 3.35 planets. The average of my class was about 3.67.
The main factors were:
1) Travel
2) Home
3) Food
4) Stuff
My carbon footprint is considered good when compared to the rest of my classmates; most of my classmates scored about 3.5-4.5; and I was about average so I believe that I did well compare to the rest of the class.

We can reduce our carbon footprint by changing our lifestyle, first we need to change the way we travel around. Since the UAE has a weak public transportation system, everyone uses his own car to go to work or travel around town. I don’t think changing one person’s life style will have a effect and we all need to change our lifestyle to have a slight change in this effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment